CipamfyllineAlternative Names: BRL 61063; HEP 688
Latest Information Update: 13 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Xanthines
- Mechanism of Action Tumour necrosis factor inhibitors; Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atopic dermatitis; Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 May 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Atopic dermatitis in Canada (Topical)
- 13 May 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Atopic dermatitis in Europe (Topical)
- 13 May 2003 Cipamfylline is no longer licensed to LEO Pharma