Hib vaccine - sanofi pasteur/BioPortAlternative Names: Haemophilus influenzae vaccine - sanofi pasteur/BioPort; Hin 47; Otitis media vaccine - sanofi pasteur/BioPort
Latest Information Update: 30 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing
- Class Haemophilus vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Otitis media
Most Recent Events
- 30 Apr 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Otitis media in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Jan 2005 Aventis Pasteur is now called sanofi pasteur
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis