Research programme: moraxella catarrhalis vaccine - BioPort/GlaxoSmithKline
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing
- Class Bacterial vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Otitis media
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jun 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Otitis media in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Jun 2003 The assets of Antex Biologics and Antex Pharma have been acquired by BioPort Corporation
- 21 May 2001 GlaxoSmithKline has licensed the vaccine