Antisense-TAR gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Genetic Therapy; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Class Antivirals; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV-1 infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 06 Mar 1995 Preclinical development for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)