Carbocyclic deazaadenosineAlternative Names: C3D; Deazaasteromycin
Latest Information Update: 05 Jan 2001
At a glance
- Originator Southern Research Institute
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adenosylhomocysteinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ebola virus infections; HIV infections; Parainfluenza virus infections; Respiratory syncytial virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jan 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Ebola virus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Jan 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Respiratory syncytial virus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Jan 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Parainfluenza virus infections in USA (Unknown route)