At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antineoplastics; Camptothecins
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase I inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Dec 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 09 Jul 1998 Profile reviewed