RelcovaptanAlternative Names: SR 49059
Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Antihormones; Indoles; Pyrrolidines; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Vasopressin 1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Coronary spasm; Dysmenorrhoea; Heart failure; Hypertension; Preterm labour; Small cell lung cancer
Most Recent Events
- 10 Sep 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Coronary spasm in France (PO)
- 10 Sep 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Small cell lung cancer in France (PO)
- 04 Sep 2001 Discontinued-Clinical for Preterm labour in Sweden (PO)