Latest Information Update: 24 Jun 2002
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease; Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 05 Feb 1997 Preclinical development for Schizophrenia in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 06 Apr 1995 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in Sweden (Unknown route)