At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antihypertensives; Benzoic acids; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Endothelin A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jun 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in USA (PO)
- 06 Apr 1995 New profile