Latest Information Update: 12 Jun 2000
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Class Antiplatelets; Calcium regulators; Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jun 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 07 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in Japan (Unknown route)
- 21 Jun 1995 An in vitro study has been added to the pharmacodynamics section