Anti-idiotype melanoma vaccine - Biogen IdecAlternative Names: MELIMMUNE; MELIMMUNE-1; MELIMMUNE-2
Latest Information Update: 10 Aug 2006
At a glance
- Originator Biogen Idec
- Class Cancer vaccines; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malignant melanoma
Most Recent Events
- 10 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for Malignant melanoma in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 Nov 2003 IDEC Pharmaceuticals has merged with Biogen to form Biogen Idec
- 20 Jun 2002 This compound is still in active development