At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Epstein-Barr virus infections; Herpes simplex virus infections; Varicella zoster virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Mar 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Epstein-Barr virus infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)