Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator HG Pars
- Class Antibacterials; Beta-lactams
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 May 1995 New profile