At a glance
- Originator Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cytomegalovirus infections; Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Cytomegalovirus infections in Canada (Unknown route)
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Influenza virus infections in Canada (Unknown route)