Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Cephalon
- Class Eye disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor II stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Age-related macular degeneration; Retinal disorders
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued for Age-related macular degeneration in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued for Retinal disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made