At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Epilepsy; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 19 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Stroke in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 12 May 1995 Preclinical development for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (Unknown route)