Latest Information Update: 04 Sep 2002
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 12 Nov 1999 Columbia Laboratories has not exercised its option for a license to the rights to SCP 3
- 19 Oct 1998 Profile reviewed
- 16 Aug 1996 Phase-II clinical trials for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)