IndecainideAlternative Names: Decabid; LY 135837; Ricainide
Latest Information Update: 17 May 1995
At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly
- Class Cardiac depressants; Class Ic antiarrhythmics; Fluorenes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias; Ventricular arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 17 May 1995 Discontinued-II for Ventricular arrhythmias in United Kingdom (IV)
- 17 May 1995 Discontinued-II for Arrhythmias in United Kingdom (IV)
- 17 May 1995 Discontinued-II for Arrhythmias in United Kingdom (PO)