PregnenoloneAlternative Names: NBI 113
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Neurocrine Biosciences
- Class Antidementias; Corticosteroids; Neuroprotectants; Pregnenes; Progesterone congeners; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 04 Dec 1998 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 17 Jan 1996 Preclinical information has been added to the pharmacodynamics section
- 18 May 1995 Phase-II clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)