Latest Information Update: 11 Feb 1999
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Developer Merck & Co; Salk Institute
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Peptide hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 11 Feb 1999 Discontinued-preclinical in Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 May 1995 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)