PhenantramineAlternative Names: BM 30502
Latest Information Update: 24 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bentley Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antimalarials
- Mechanism of Action Tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jul 2008 Bentley Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- 14 May 1998 Suspended-Preclinical for Malaria in USA (Unknown route)
- 15 Feb 1996 Belmac is now known as Bentley Pharmaceuticals.