Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Developer Shire
- Class Antibacterials; Antituberculars
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 20 Nov 1995 Suspended-I for Tuberculosis in Canada (Unknown route)
- 25 May 1995 This profile is new.