EsuproneAlternative Names: LU 43839
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott GmbH & Co. KG
- Developer Abbott GmbH & Co. KG; Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antidepressants; Coumarins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 1996 Discontinued-II for Depression in Germany (Unknown route)