FradafibanAlternative Names: BIBU 52; BIBU 52 ZW
Latest Information Update: 13 Jun 2001
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG
- Class Antiplatelets; Biphenyl compounds; Pyrrolidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Fibrinogen receptor antagonists; GPIIb-IIIa antagonists; Platelet aggregation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis; Unstable angina pectoris
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jun 2001 Discontinued-II for Unstable angina pectoris in Europe (IV)
- 13 Jun 2001 Discontinued-II for Thrombosis in Europe (IV)
- 13 Jun 2001 Discontinued-II for Unstable angina pectoris in USA (IV)