SetipafantAlternative Names: BN 50727
Latest Information Update: 09 Jun 2003
At a glance
- Originator Ipsen
- Class Antiplatelets; Cytoprotectives
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Crohn's disease; Diarrhoea; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Peptic ulcer; Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 31 May 2003 Beaufour-Ipsen is now called Ipsen
- 16 Jul 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Peptic ulcer in France (Unknown route)
- 16 Jul 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diarrhoea in France (Unknown route)