Latest Information Update: 07 Apr 1999
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants; Vascular disorder therapies; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Purinergic P1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebrovascular disorders; Intermittent claudication; Ischaemic heart disorders; Peripheral vascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed
- 18 Jan 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cerebrovascular disorders in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 18 Jan 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Peripheral vascular disorders in United Kingdom (Unknown route)