At a glance
- Originator NeuroSearch
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Benzimidazoles; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 28 Oct 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Neuroprotection in Denmark (Unknown route)
- 23 Aug 1995 Suspended-Preclinical for Neuroprotection in Denmark (Unknown route)
- 01 Jun 1995 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in Denmark (Unknown route)