At a glance
- Originator Fujisawa
- Class Neuroprotectants; Pyrazoles; Pyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypotension; Renal failure
Most Recent Events
- 11 Apr 2005 Yamanouchi has merged with Fujisawa to form Astellas Pharma
- 31 Jan 2005 This compound is still in active development for hypotension
- 16 Jun 2004 Data presented at the 41st Congress of the European Renal Association and the European Dialysis and Transplant Association (ERA-EDTA-2004) have been added to the Vascular Disorders therapeutic trials section