EfletirizineAlternative Names: UCB 28754
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Originator UCB
- Class Acetates; Antiallergics; Antihistamines; Piperazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Seasonal allergic rhinitis; Urticaria
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jun 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Seasonal allergic rhinitis in USA (Intranasal)
- 11 Feb 2005 UCB has completed a proof of concept trial of the once-daily formulation of efletirizine
- 06 Jan 2004 UCB has completed phase III trials of twice-daily efletirizine in seasonal allergic rhinitis and urticaria