SM 17466Alternative Names: SM-17466
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antibacterials; Carbapenems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)
- 07 Jun 1995 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)