Latest Information Update: 01 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Neurocrine Biosciences
- Class Androstenols; Antidementias; Ketosteroids; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Multiple sclerosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 27 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 07 Jun 1995 Preclinical development for Multiple sclerosis in USA (Unknown route)