Latest Information Update: 01 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Salk Institute
- Developer Neurocrine Biosciences; Salk Institute
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Neurological disorders; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Neurological disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 19 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 19 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Stroke in USA (Unknown route)