At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Cholestenone 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acne; Alopecia; Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Hirsutism; Prostate cancer; Seborrhoeic dermatitis
Most Recent Events
- 28 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)
- 28 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Prostate cancer in USA (PO)
- 28 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Alopecia in USA (PO)