At a glance
- Originator Merck Frosst
- Class Analgesics; Antipyretics; Antiulcers; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules; Triazoles
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 08 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Pain in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 08 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Pain in Canada (Unknown route)
- 08 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Inflammation in United Kingdom (Unknown route)