Latest Information Update: 17 Jul 1998
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Developer David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Osaka University School of Medicine; Takeda
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jul 1998 Discontinued-Clinical for Hypertension in USA (Unknown route)
- 17 Jul 1998 Discontinued-Clinical for Hypertension in Japan (Unknown route)
- 08 Jun 1995 New profile