2-CamphanoneAlternative Names: Alphanon
Latest Information Update: 22 Sep 2000
At a glance
- Originator Bentley Pharmaceuticals
- Developer ALZA Corporation; Bentley Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Haemorrhoids
Most Recent Events
- 22 Sep 2000 Discontinued-I for Haemorrhoids in USA (Transdermal)
- 14 May 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Haemorrhoids in USA (Transdermal)
- 15 Feb 1996 Belmac is now known as Bentley Pharmaceuticals