At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action LDL receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 1999 Rhône-Poulenc Rorer has merged with Hoechst Marion Roussel to form Aventis Pharma
- 12 Jul 1995 Preclinical development for Hyperlipidaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)