CAS 1609Alternative Names: CAS-1609
Latest Information Update: 04 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Cassella
- Class Heart failure therapies; Ischaemic heart disorder therapies; Small molecules; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Angina pectoris; Heart failure
Most Recent Events
- 10 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Heart failure in Germany (unspecified route)
- 10 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Angina pectoris in Germany (unspecified route)
- 21 Sep 1995 Preclinical development for Heart failure in Germany (unspecified route)