At a glance
- Originator Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Nonindustrial source; Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Analgesics; Butyrates; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholine stimulants; Sigma-2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Dementia; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pain in Italy (unspecified route)
- 10 Oct 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Dementia in Italy (unspecified route)
- 29 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Dementia in Japan (Unknown route)