ARC 13950Alternative Names: FPL 13950
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca R&D Charnwood
- Class Acetamides; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 28 Jan 1999 FPL 13590 is now called ARC 13590
- 18 Aug 1995 Preclinical development for Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)