At a glance
- Originator Schering-Plough
- Class Antidementias; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action GABA B receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Absence epilepsy; Cognition disorders
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jun 2004 Discontinued for Cognition disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Absence seizures in USA (unspecified route)
- 25 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Absence seizures in USA (Unknown route)