PC 1250Alternative Names: Bathocuproine disulfonic acid copper; BCDS Cu(I)
Latest Information Update: 22 Oct 2003
At a glance
- Originator ProCyte Corporation
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antivirals; Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2001 Discontinued - Phase-I for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Feb 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 23 Aug 1995 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)