Latest Information Update: 18 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Sankyo
- Class Antisense oligonucleotides; Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in Japan (Unknown route)
- 29 Aug 1995 New profile