Pertussis acellular vaccine - ChironAlternative Names: Acelluvax
Latest Information Update: 30 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Chiron
- Class Bacterial vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Market Withdrawal Pertussis
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 01 Jan 2002 Withdrawn for Pertussis in Thailand (Injection)
- 01 Jan 2002 Withdrawn for Pertussis in Italy (Injection)