At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiretrovirals; Lactones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 23 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 30 Aug 1995 New profile