Research programme: third-generation antifolates - JacobusAlternative Names: JPC 2005; JPS 2028; PS 15; PS 26; PS 33; Third-generation antifolates research programme - Jacobus; WR 250417
Latest Information Update: 24 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Jacobus Pharmaceutical
- Developer Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Mechanism of Action Tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malaria; Mycobacterium avium complex infections; Pneumocystis pneumonia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 2003 Preclinical trials in Malaria in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Dec 2003 Data presented at the 52nd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH-2003) have been added to the pharmacokinetics section
- 26 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Malaria in USA (Unknown route)