Otitis media vaccine - ProvalisAlternative Names: Otostat
Latest Information Update: 17 Dec 2003
At a glance
- Originator Provalis
- Class Bacterial vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pneumococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jan 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pneumococcal infections in Australia (unspecified route)
- 08 Aug 2002 This vaccine is still in active development
- 23 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline