AmbicinAlternative Names: Ambicin N; Nisin; Nisin A
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Nutrition 21
- Class Antibacterials; Antiseptics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acute enterocolitis; Gingivitis; Gram-negative infections; Gram-positive infections; Impetigo; Intestinal infections; Nosocomial infections; Peptic ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 20 Dec 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Intestinal infections in Japan (PO)
- 20 Dec 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Intestinal infections in USA (PO)
- 16 Aug 2000 AMBI licenses nisin rights to Biosynexus