At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antivirals; Penicillins
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Dec 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 31 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV-1 infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 21 Sep 1995 New profile