At a glance
- Originator University of North Carolina
- Developer Pharm-Eco Laboratories; Questcor Pharmaceuticals; University of North Carolina
- Class Antifungals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Giardiasis; Pneumocystis pneumonia
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Giardiasis in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 Jul 1996 Discontinued-I for Pneumocystis pneumonia in USA (Unknown route)
- 31 Oct 1995 Preclinical development for Giardiasis in USA (Unknown route)